[logback-user] add property for specifying logback.xml filelocation

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Thu Feb 8 20:51:27 CET 2007

Hi Michael,

What you propose makes sense. However, I'd like to limit the number of ways
logback can be configured (to ease the brain-footprint of logback on our
users.) How about if we allowed a config file to include parts from a
different sources? This inclusion feature should allow you to reference a
different file. Moreover, since Joran supports variable substitution, you
could set the value of the variable through a system property. You would
get the feature you are asking for, and we would keep the initialization
procedure simple (err, simpler.).

WDYT?

If you agree, could you please file a bug report asking for inclusion
feature in joran/logback?