[logback-user] [ANN] Release of logback 0.9.3

Franck Routier franck.routier at axege.com
Tue Mar 20 17:56:16 CET 2007

Sebastien Pennec a écrit :
> March 20th, 2007 - Release of version 0.9.3
>
> Includes in configuration files are now supported by Joran, logback's
> configuration framework. A file can contain an include element that
> has a file or url attribute pointing to a configuration file. See the
> chapter about configuration[1] in the logback's online manual for more
> information.
>
> Corrected bug 53 reported by Wilkins Poe. There is now a dependencies
> page[2] that shows the requirements of each of logback's modules.
>
> After a discussion on the SLF4J mailing list[3] started by Franck
> Routier, a correction has been made when logging using the
> JCL104-over-slf4j module. Logback now correctly shows the caller
> location information.
>
> As with most of the logback releases, the documentation has been
> improved in many aspects.
>
> [1]http://logback.qos.ch/manual/joran.html#Include
> [2]http://logback.qos.ch/dependencies.html
> [3]http://www.slf4j.org/pipermail/user/2007-March/000297.html
Hi,

0.9.3 solves my issue with jcl104-over-slf4j, thanks !

By the way, I was not able to test the code from svn, as I couldn't
build logback. I am not an expert in maven (in fact, it's the first time
I tried it :), so maybe it's me, but here is the error I get :

[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/jms/jms/1.1/jms-1.1.jar
[WARNING] Unable to get resource 'javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1' from repository
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

  Try downloading the file manually from:
      http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms \
          -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) ch.qos.logback:logback-core:jar:0.9.3-SNAPSHOT
        2) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  ch.qos.logback:logback-core:jar:0.9.3-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)