[logback-user] Logback configuration

Natan Cox natan.cox at tenforce.com
Thu Nov 6 10:12:06 CET 2008

Hi all,

Is there a way to specify the file substitution propery as something
configurable? So I would not do

<configuration>

  <substitutionProperty file="variables1.properties" />

but

<configuration>

  <substitutionProperty file="*${logback.properties}*" />

where in Java I would have to specify something like

   java Main -Dlogback.properties=c:/project/Main/main.properties

to be able to run my application?
Typically I want to have one configuration file, but sometimes I use
multiple files to be able to turn on/off certain functionalities.

I'm also thinking of moving the logback properties into my application
properties file (not sure yet).
This configuration option would allow me to achieve this.

Thanks, Natan