[logback-user] Minimal library dependency for logback implementation of RequestLogImpl

Russell E Glaue rglaue at cait.org
Thu Jan 22 20:17:47 CET 2009

Yes, I am only interested in logback-access so that I can implement the
jetty.RequestLogImpl for Geronimo-Jetty 2.1.3
And you say to do this I only need the logback-core/access libraries.

I asked what the relationship was between logback and slf4j.
Can I assume from what you are saying that logback-core and logback-access in no
way have anything to do with slf4j in any way?

So, to get to my results, Geronimo-Jetty 2.1.3 implements slf4j-api 1.4.3 (Jetty
6.1.14 implements slf4j 1.3.1).
If I load the logback-access and logback-core 1.5.6 libraries into Geronimo, is
there going to be any issues or conflicts with specifically the slf4j 1.4.3
support in Geronimo?

In other words, will loading logback-core/access 1.5.6 into Geronimo override
any part of the existing slf4j 1.4.3 library?

Can any application use slf4j 1.3.1 OR slf4j 1.4.3 libraries, and then at the
same time use logback-core and logback-access 0.9.14 libraries without any problems?

-RG