[logback-user] Incorrect thread name in plugin console

Trevor Leung trevor.leung at eclipseoptions.com
Tue Mar 3 04:45:55 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

I am using the eclipse logback console but found that [%thread] gives me
the wrong thread name.  It shows something like [Thread-70] rather than
the real thread name in my application.  Here is the logging statement

private static final Logger logger =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(TestView.class);

logger.error("testing test ing");

I noticed there is a code in the
ch.qos.logback.eclipse.reciever.SocketNode (line 59), which I copied here.

try {
    while (true) {
      // read an event from the wire
      event = (LoggingEvent) ois.readObject();
    // trick to keep the original thread name
      event.getThreadName();

      // add it to the manager's LoggingEvent list
      LoggingEventManager.getManager().addLoggingEvent(event);
    }

The comment said it is a trick to keep the original thread name.  It
seems not working anymore, is it?  Or, am I missing something?

Also, I have fired a bug here http://jira.qos.ch/browse/CONSPLUG-18

Thanks a lot

Leung Wang Hei