[logback-user] Multiple files and other issues

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Mar 6 09:43:12 CET 2009

Marco,

Let's start one problem at a time. Here is a simple config file. Try using it
and see how it goes. Will build up from there.

<configuration debug="true">

   <appender name="ROOT" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender" >
     <file>traces/MyApp</file>
     <append>false</append>
     <!-- admit only ERROR messages in this appender -->
     <!--
       <filter class="ch.qos.logback.classic.filter.ThresholdFilter">
         <level>error</level>
       </filter>
     -->
     <layout>
       <pattern>%d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss},%p,%c,%F,%C{1} %m%n</pattern>
     </layout>
   </appender>

   <root level="DEBUG">
     <appender-ref ref="ROOT"/>
   </root>
</configuration>

If you can run the above correctly, we'll add more functionality one step at a
time.