[logback-user] JoranConfigurator

Greg Flex greg.flex at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 03:25:19 CET 2009

Ceki Culce,Yes, you're absolutely right.
I do have log4cxx and log4j clients write to the same log4j SocketServer but
things got little bit more complicated since the front-end of my app (a
friend of mine is working on it) will be written in Adobe Flex.
I'd like to be able to get anything an end-user does, whether he/she clicks
on the "OK" button or a "Cancel" button or move some kind of slider to a
different position etc. I'd like to capture this "event", log it by sending
it to the same server that takes all the log messages from all the clients I
have (C++, java and Flex) and writes them all to just one (in a perfect
scenario) Rollover File Appender.
As you know (you've written it  ;-) Log4j or Logback has such appender
already and I'm trying to utilize it.
I'm not sure though if this is possible without running two or so servers
that write to two different files.
(something I'd like to avoid)
Thanks for asking and letting me know about the log4j compatible XMLLayout
I Appreciate,
Greg