[logback-user] Log context based log splitting in SocketServer

Rick Janda Rick.Janda at gmx.com
Mon Mar 23 16:06:25 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

I have the following setup:

I have several web applications running in the same Tomcat instance.
The JNDIContextSelector is used to give every deployed webapp its own logging context.
With this setup it's quite easy to create separate log files for every deployed webapp locally.

Now comes the point, where I could need your help.
Some logging events shall be transmitted to a SocketServer and be split there again on several log files depending on their log context.

I tried to setup a filter for this purpose in the SocketServer configuration but it couldn't find any means to access the logging context name from the LoggingEvent.

Is their any other way to split the logging events in the SocketServer based on their source webapp?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Rick