[logback-user] Verbose startup output

Noam Tenne noamt at jfrog.org
Tue Mar 31 10:01:19 CEST 2009

Hey there

I have recently noticed, that when starting up logback in our application,
there is a very verbose output regarding the configuration of our appenders.
For example:

09:55:12,868 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.classic.joran.action.ConfigurationAction - debug attribute
not set
09:55:12,868 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
About to instantiate appender of type [ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender]
09:55:12,870 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
Naming appender as [CONSOLE]
09:55:12,889 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.NestedComplexPropertyIA - Pushing component
[layout] on top of the object stack.
09:55:12,920 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
Popping appender named [CONSOLE] from the object stack
09:55:12,921 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
About to instantiate appender of type
[ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender]
09:55:12,922 |-INFO in ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.AppenderAction -
Naming appender as [FILE]
09:55:12,927 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.joran.action.NestedComplexPropertyIA - Pushing component
[rollingPolicy] on top of the object stack.
09:55:12,929 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy at 2d04faf8 - Adding
parent to RollingPolicy: FILE
09:55:12,931 |-INFO in
ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy at 2d04faf8 - Will use zip
compression

This is all probably normal since it's on INFO level, and I've seen it in
traces of other posts, but I was wandering if there is any way I can silence
these messages, or add them to DEBUG level?

Thanks

Noam