[logback-user] Turn off the verbose message from logback

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Mon Sep 14 11:06:17 CEST 2009

You could comment out the <property> elements and let the use define them at a
later time if desired. Since you are already using the <property> element, you
are obviously already familiar with variable substitution [1]. There is an
additional concept called "default substition values for variables" [2] which
you might find interesting. It allows a default value for a variable to be
defined in the config file while still allowing it to be overridden at a later time.

There is also an example in the FAQ [3] similar to what you are trying to
achieve (letting the user pick the log level for the application).

These are just possibilities. They may or not may not be applicable in your
situation.

Cheers,

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#variableSubstitution
[2] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/configuration.html#defaultValuesForVariables