[logback-user] technical question

Ayman Hammoudeh Ayman.Hammoudeh at Progressoft.com
Tue Sep 15 15:11:57 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a problem with TimeBasedRollingPolicy and that is older files are not deleted when I set the MaxHistory property for example to '2' but files roll over normally every day  , so any suggestions.

So my question  is why files older that 2 days from the current date are not deleted.

Here is my XML file:

<configuration>
<appender name="FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
<rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
<FileNamePattern>RollTimeTest.%d.log</FileNamePattern>
<!-- keep #days worth of history -->
<MaxHistory>2</MaxHistory>
</rollingPolicy>
<layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
<Pattern>%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS}[%thread] %-5level %logger{35} - %msg%n</Pattern>
</layout>
 </appender>
 <root level="debug">
 <appender-ref ref="FILE" />