[logback-user] Always log, regardless of level, but not as ERROR

laboo mlibucha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:31:53 CEST 2009

I'm looking for a way to always log a message regardless of the current level
of logger.

My application allows the user to change the level via JMX and I always want
to log a message that says, "The level was changed from X to Y".

I *could* accomplish this by specifying the highest level, ERROR, but it's
not an error, and I don't want it to show up as one.

In log4j, I was able to accomplish this by using the log() method with level
OFF (strangely enough). I tried doing something similar with logback's level
ALL, but it's not accepted as valid level to the log() method.

Is there a different/better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Laboo