[logback-user] use of java.io.File in logback / Android

Robert Schmid robertschmid at airstriptech.com
Fri Aug 6 23:25:41 CEST 2010

I am about to implement an appender that I can use on Android.  I'm guessing it won't be much more difficult than doing the same from log4j.  The primary problem is that we can't really use java.io.File to access the file system.  Android has its own File access API.   I believe that this will be as simple as extending RollingFileAppender and overriding methods as needed to swap out the File access apis.

Can anybody spot the flaw in my thinking?  Are there other pitfalls I need to worry about?

Robert Schmid
robertschmid at airstriptech.com<mailto:robertschmid at airstriptech.com>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB3406.9303A990]

www.airstriptech.com<http://www.airstriptech.com/>