[logback-user] Log file path set at runtime

fudmail fudmail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 03:51:16 CEST 2010

David. Thank you! You were right.

I didn't realize the class I was calling to compute the application's
base directory just happened to have a static logger that called
LoggerFactory.getLogger(...); which was the culprit. So, ensuring I
set my system property "app.base.path" before any class can call
LoggerFactory.getLogger(...) ensures the property
is available when the logback.xml config file is processed.