[logback-user] Groovy Configuration

Lance White lance.white at logicscope.com
Wed Jun 30 15:06:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm having a play with the Groovy Configuration (in 0.9.23), but can't
see how you're supposed to tell your program to use the Groovy
configuration file. In normal circumstances, I'd use Joran to load a
given XML file, but can't see what the equivalent would be for Groovy.

I tried just executing the Groovy script (using the Java 1.6 script
engine system) but just get a groovy.lang.MissingMethodException when it
tries to execute the appender line (I'm using the first example script
on the Groovy Configuration page).

Am I missing something obvious here?

The Groovy version is 1.7.1.

Cheers