[logback-user] Groovy Configuration

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Wed Jun 30 15:16:50 CEST 2010

Hi Lance,

If your config file is called logback.groovy, logback will
automatically pick it up. To programmatically invoke a groovy config
file, you would need to work with "GafferConfigurator" as Joran only
deals with XML files, not Groovy. You would write:

import ch.qos.logback.classic.gaffer.GafferConfigurator;
import ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext;

LoggerContext lc = (LoggerContext) LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory();
GafferConfigurator gafferConfigurator = new GafferConfigurator(lc);
gafferConfigurator.run(configFile);

Let us know if the above works,