[logback-user] Glassfish + OSGi + slf4j + logback

cinhtau cinhtau at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:08:34 CEST 2011

Thank you for your kind offer. Without your statements on the jira thread it
would be a lot harder to trace the root of the problem.

Well I have found a solution, but this doesn't involve OSGi and logback.

OSGi Layer = using LogService, implement a LogListener that routes LogEntry
to java.util.logging
Glassfish Layer = Use jul-to-slf4j bridge to route every java.util.logging
to logback.

Sadly I can't use logback and slf4j api as bundles, therefore the injection
of OSGi services won't work in a hybrid ejb app.
It is ugly but it works. I'm not sure what kind of overhead costs awaits me.
Still trying and see if it's working. I would be glad, if Glassfish just
simple deploy the slf4j.api as bundle and don't integrate it in thier weld
wrapper.