[logback-user] Logback-user Digest, Vol 2, Issue 32

Yuvaraj Vanarase yuvaraj.vanarase at synechron.com
Wed Nov 16 13:18:46 CET 2011

Hello Ceki,

It would be great if you provide confirmation for your answer below:

There is a serious bug in AccessViewStatus servlet. That is probably

why you are seeing the 'Could not find status manager' message which

will be fixed with the logback next release.

Does this also cause the logback-access initialization logs to be absent on console? I mean I wouldn't able to see something like:

21:56:09,921 |-INFO in c.q.lb.access.j.a.ConfigurationAction - Ignoring debug attribute. 21:56:09,921 |-INFO in c.q.lb.core.j.a.AppenderAction - About to instantiate appender of type [ch.qos.logback.core.ConsoleAppender] 21:56:09,921 |-INFO in c.q.lb.core.j.a.AppenderAction - Naming appender as [STDOUT] 21:56:10,000 |-INFO in c.q.lb.core.j.a.NestedComponentIA - Pushing component [layout] on top of the object stack. 21:56:10,015 |-INFO in c.q.lb.core.j.a.AppenderAction - Popping appender named [STDOUT] from the object stack 21:56:10,015 |-INFO in c.q.lb.core.j.a.AppenderRefAction - Attaching appender named [STDOUT] to ch.qos.logback.access.tomcat.LogbackValve[Catalina] 21:56:10,015 |-INFO in c.q.lb.access.j.a.ConfigurationAction - End of configuration.

Because apart from status manager issue, I do not see above initialization log either.

Regards,

Yuvaraj