[logback-user] I'm getting the "substitute logger" error message yet my appender still works

Paul Gifford pggifford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:45:59 CEST 2011

Oh, right, that's an important consideration...thanks for catching that!

I have the two-step configuration working (thanks for the good example) but
what's the best way to mirror the application's Spring logging setting?  Is
there a way  to capture what the application settings are for Spring?

The way I understand how the two-step configuration works is:

1. Application starts, some logging configured
2. Logging configured for classes that depend on loggers created in step 1.

Does step 2 depend on the user of the library (i.e. other developers)
creating a 2nd Logback configuration file or is it possible to either ship
an appropriate configuration file or to configure logging for the classes in
step 2 dynamically?

Thanks,

Paul