[logback-user] Project Can't Find logback.xml file

Adam Gordon adam.n.gordon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 18:58:23 CET 2012

I'm no logback expert either… :-)

No, you're right.  %n is a newline.  The space character beforehand is not necessary but it shouldn't cause any issues.  See http://logback.qos.ch/manual/layouts.html for details on pattern characters (what they are, how to use them, etc…)

I don't know if it will make any difference - as I don't know what the default encoder is if you don't specify one, but try setting the class attribute on your <encoder> element, i.e.:

<encoder class="ch.qos.logback.classic.encoder.PatternLayoutEncoder">
  <pattern>….</pattern>
</encoder>

You may also want to try changing the pattern to see if the changes are indeed picked up.  I don't see any package in front of your class, but this may be due to the class being in the default package.