[logback-user] Project Can't Find logback.xml file

Tony Trinh tony19 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:34:04 CET 2012

Put logback.xml into the root of your src directory (not in a subdir). This
worked fine for me (see attached Netbeans project).

The output you were seeing was from the
BasicConfigurator<http://logback.qos.ch/apidocs/ch/qos/logback/classic/BasicConfigurator.html>
(loaded
by default when logback.xml is not found in your classpath), which uses the
ConsoleAppender. It just so happens that your logback.xml also uses the
same type of appender, which might have confused you into thinking that
Logback was ignoring the specified pattern in your configuration.