[logback-user] Release of logback version 1.0.3

Andrzej Zadorozny andrzej.zadorozny at gmail.com
Mon May 7 20:39:10 CEST 2012

Hi Ceki, that's great, thank you very much.

If have a question (potentially a suggestion as well):
Assuming immediateFlush would be turned off, is there a way to explicitly
trigger a flush at various points of my program (ideally via the SLF4J API)?

So for example in places such as catch blocks, etc... in my code I could
call explicitly a flush on an SLF4J Logger that would propagate the flush
to all the appenders associated with this logger, etc.

What do you think?

CheerZ! :)

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 5:37 AM, ceki <ceki at qos.ch> wrote:

> On 04.05.2012 01:18, Andrzej Zadorozny wrote:
>
>> That's great news!! :)
>>
>> I have a quick question regarding immediateFlush.
>> In the documentation of LayoutWrappingEncoder, it says that "immediate
>> flushing is safer".
>>
>> Could somebody please explain how so?  What specifically makes it safer?
>>

> Hi Andrzej,
>
> I updated the docs. See [1] and [2]. Search for immediate flush and let us
> know if it answers your question.
>
> [1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/**appenders.html<http://logback.qos.ch/manual/appenders.html>
> [2] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/**encoders.html#**LayoutWrappingEncoder<http://logback.qos.ch/manual/encoders.html#LayoutWrappingEncoder>
>
> Cheers,