[logback-user] Log Forgery - an ideas?

kommersz kommersz at freemail.hu
Tue Aug 13 19:39:51 CEST 2013

Thanks for the hints! Of course it would be possible with an encoder - I just wonder if it should not still rather be a responsibility of an appender writing a text file (where linefeed is a reserved special character! - just as a DOM implementation would convert "Joe</name>" into "Joe</name>" before writing an XML file). Filtering the input would be hard in a complex application - tracing back where the data comes from, maybe indirectly (e.g. via a database) - probably the result would rather be a universal wrapper doing the filtering, if existing logging frameworks cannot address this. Still I would be interested in more opinions :)