[logback-user] clean up logs after N gigabytes of logs (i.e. ArchiveRemover)

Don Gately dongatelystep13 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:16:28 CET 2014

Hi All,
I recently filled up a disk with logs, and so now I'm trying to figure out
how to ensure that I can set an upper-limit on the size of all logs in the
directory.  I've found how to trigger file rollover @ a given size, and how
to clean up logs after, say 3 days, but provided I'm thinking about this
correctly, what I really want is:

1) roll over logs @ midnight each day
2) cleanup logs if size of all logs gets larger than X bytes

I haven't found a way to do this without writing my own RollingPolicy (and
maybe TriggerPolicy, NamingPolicy, etc).

This seems like it would be a common goal for users, so am I missing some
way to do this with Logback off-the-shelf (i.e. no custom code)?

Thanks,
BIM