[logback-user] clean up logs after N gigabytes of logs (i.e. ArchiveRemover)

Robert Kuhar robertkuhar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 06:11:07 CET 2014

This seems like logging infrastructure overreach, to me.  The places I've
deployed into have all just let the unix environment handle directory
cleaning.  Logback just rolls the files over daily and/or size based but
some other cron scripty thing does stuff like rm the files that are more
than a week old.  It seems that the biggest bang-for-the-buck is to let
Logback handle the logging and not much else, outsource the rest of the
work to the environment.  I guess everyone's needs may be different but the
linux environments I've been working in going on 10 years now all work
basically in this manner; Logback's responsibility ends at rollover.
Directory maintenance is the realm of system operations.

Bob