[logback-user] Maven Repository cannot resolve logback extensions

Fritz, Jonathan jofritz at ea.com
Tue Feb 25 20:47:29 CET 2014

Upon adding the following to my pom.xml:

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.logback-extensions</groupId>
            <artifactId>logback-ext-loggly</artifactId>
            <version>version</version>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>ch.qos.logback.contrib</groupId>
            <artifactId>logback-json-classic</artifactId>
            <version>version</version>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>ch.qos.logback.contrib</groupId>
            <artifactId>logback-jackson</artifactId>
            <version>version</version>
            <scope>runtime</scope>
        </dependency>

I got this error while running mvn clean install:

Failed to execute goal on project webapp: Could not resolve dependencies for project webapp:webapp:war:0.1-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.logback-extensions:logback-ext-loggly:jar:version, ch.qos.logback.contrib:logback-json-classic:jar:version, ch.qos.logback.contrib:logback-jackson:jar:version: Could not find artifact org.logback-extensions:logback-ext-loggly:jar:version in labs-consol-release (http://labs.consol.de/maven/repository) -> [Help 1]

Seems like there might be a problem with the maven repository.

Has anybody seen similar issues?