[logback-user] logback and lz4 compression

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:06:54 CEST 2014

Feroz,

Have a look at changing ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.helper.Compressor::compress() to support your additional codecs.

Why are you looking to use lz4?  Because of less CPU overhead than gzip?  Which library are you going to use?

I guess the library could be an optional dependency, and people have to include it if they want to use lz4?  Or perhaps the API needs to be more open to extension of arbitrary compression strategies?

Thanks

David