[logback-user] Versioning policy?

list+ch.qos.logback at io7m.com list+ch.qos.logback at io7m.com
Wed Feb 22 13:00:15 CET 2017

Hello.

I use Logback and SLF4J in a rather large number of projects. I like to
keep dependencies up-to-date, and this means that I end up incrementing
a large set of version numbers fairly frequently. It would reduce my
workload if I could specify a version range in my dependency
declarations for both Logback and SLF4J. However, I can only do this
safely if I know the versioning policy of both of those projects. It
sort of looks like they use something like Semantic Versioning [0], but
I don't see an explicit policy written down anywhere.

Can I use version ranges such as [1.7.0, 2.0.0) safely?

[0] http://semver.org/