[slf4j-dev] Marker concept

Boris Unckel boris.unckel.mlg at gmx.net
Tue Jan 10 22:25:35 CET 2006

Hi,

I have followed the discussions about the markers since slf4j was online. In
early approaches markers were in the core Logger interface.

I know there are different classes available - what is the strategy for it?
I did not have the time to take a closer look at nlog4j. Is it already
native marker ready?
What is the concept and strategy behind it?

Can you provide some links to svn where one can see implementation details
(in nlog4j, not in slf4j)?

I had no AOP (Spring...) projects yet (I am working in a computing centre
which uses most of BigBlue products. At all this means very slow changes in
technologies, and AOP is not 5-7 years old after the hype...):
Is the marker concept designed for AOP? Why?

Regards
Boris