Re: [slf4j-dev] Service Provider Interface (using jcl104-over-slf4j.jar with axis.jar)

Boris Unckel boris.unckel.mlg at gmx.net
Tue Mar 21 17:25:52 CET 2006

Hello Ceki,

> Von: Ceki Gülcü <listid at qos.ch>
> I am a little puzzled by your message. The code contained in
> jcl104-over-slf4j.jar makes no use of meta-information or the
> org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory system variable. The fact that
> setting JCL related variables has an effect means that you have a copy of
> commons-logging.jar or commons-logging-api.jar in your environment. Have
> you checked that?

Does that mean you SLF4J provides "just" a jcl104-over-slf4j per system and
not per webapp? In other words: take all or nothing? This is OK for
standalone applications but not for server environments.
To go further: The static approach chosen in jcl104-over-slf4j is not
"Plug'n'Play" with the chance to ignore Classloader issues if one wants to
have two configurations at the same time in the same virtual machine.

Regards
Boris