[slf4j-dev] Rearranging classes

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Tue Feb 13 22:38:03 CET 2007

At 10:24 PM 2/13/2007, Eric Crahen wrote:
>Please do, I really believe the ServiceLoader mechanism is a lot less
>hacky than the static binding thing happening now.

Let me implement the changes I mentioned earlier as they represent a step
forward. These changes will allow your library (or component) to depend on
slf4j-api and nothing else. If my solution still does not meet your
requirements, we can come back to this discussion.

>The ClassLoader problems you had with the JCL are completely different and
>do not exist with this solution (and those JCL issues don't mean using
>ClassLoaders is always a bad thing either ;).

Good point. However, the existing approach has served us well in the past.
Granted, it's a pain on people developing binding but simple on our users.
Of course, there is the multiple-dependency problem which will be fixed
shortly.

><http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ServiceLoader.html>http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/ServiceLoader.html

Thanks for the link.