[slf4j-dev] Migrated to git

Jukka Zitting jukka.zitting at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:38:16 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Ceki Gulcu<ceki at qos.ch> wrote:
> Given that git is in my opinion such a clearly better version control
> system than Subversion, I migrated the SLF4J svn repository to git.

Nice!

It would be useful to have the old svn branches and tags also
reflected in the slf4j.git repository. If you used the standard layout
option to git-svn when migrating the code, they actually should
already exist as remote branches. Copying the references to normal
branches and tags in slf4j.git should do the trick.

> I had hoped to keep the Subversion repository as a mirror, but it
> appears that that would be too much of a hassle.

Agreed. I suppose I can shutdown svn-mirror.slf4j.org then.

BR,

Jukka Zitting