[slf4j-dev] Migrated to git

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Thu Aug 20 15:09:14 CEST 2009

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
> It would be useful to have the old svn branches and tags also
> reflected in the slf4j.git repository. If you used the standard layout
> option to git-svn when migrating the code, they actually should
> already exist as remote branches. Copying the references to normal
> branches and tags in slf4j.git should do the trick.

I forgot to copy the remote references as normal references. Consequently, the
original svn tags were lost. I guess I'll have to start over. Bummer.

>> I had hoped to keep the Subversion repository as a mirror, but it
>> appears that that would be too much of a hassle.
>
> Agreed. I suppose I can shutdown svn-mirror.slf4j.org then.

Could you wait a few weeks before shutting down svn-mirror? It came in handy a
few days ago and might be again. In the absence of a contrary message, you can
safely close svn-mirror around mid-september. Is that OK with you? In any case,
I very much appreciate your help.