[slf4j-dev] OSGi support in slf4j

Heiko Seeberger heiko.seeberger at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 16 07:57:10 CEST 2010

On 15 September 2010 23:30, Hugues Malphettes <hmalphettes at intalio.com>wrote:

As a general answer: let's try with BND and review carefully the
> generated manifests.

Ack!

The pom.xml does actually insert a Bundle-Version
> I downloaded
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.6.1/slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
> and verified that it is there.

My fault, sorry for the spam! I can see it now, no clue where it was hiding
yesterday ;-)

> If it was just me: I would say +1 for following the reverse domain naming.

Let's bump up the version and announce that change. Then users should know.
I hope that almost nobody would use the bundle symbolic name anyway.

If I remember well the import is not marked as optional because the
> bundle does not work unless there is in fact a bundle that provides
> the org.slf4j.impl package. I don't have a strong argument to decide
> whether it should be optional or not.

It's OK for a bundle to be in a stale state (not working) because of missing
dependencies, services, etc.
Maybe this case is different, though. I will take a closer look.

Heiko

Company: weiglewilczek.com
Blog: heikoseeberger.name
Follow me: twitter.com/hseeberger
OSGi on Scala: scalamodules.org
Lift, the simply functional web framework: liftweb.net
Akka - Simpler Scalability, Fault-Tolerance, Concurrency & Remoting through
Actors: akkasource.org