[slf4j-dev] SLF4J "versioning habits"

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Fri Sep 21 22:10:17 CEST 2012

On 21.09.2012 21:28, Libor Jelinek wrote:
> Hello to everybody,
> what is this project git conventions?
>
> 1) Fork & pull way, or directly on main slf4j repo?

You can push directly on slf4j as long as it pertains to osgi-over-slf4j
module. For changes in other modules, please send a pull request. If
after review the change is accepted, your changes will be pulled into
the official slf4j repo.

> 2) Branching. I'm used to make a heave use of branching. Every
> above-trivial change goes to own branch with a some naming convention
> like "bug/title-of-bug" and "enh/new-feature-prosal". It seems that
> branches have not been not too much used so far.

Making use of branches is idiomatic with git. Unfortunately, I have been
corrupted by years of cvs/svn and have not changed my habits to use
branches.