[slf4j-user] slf4j in a microsoft vm enviroment !!!

Konstantinos Karadamoglou kkarad at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 17 13:48:38 CET 2006

Hello all,

I am new to slf4j. My team intends to use it in a enterprise project
which involves various types of clients and servers. The main problem
that we have in order to adopt the slf4j library is our applet
client!!!

There is requirement that says that that the applet should operate
with the jre 1.1 and microsoft vm. While I was testing the applet with
the slf4j under microsoft vm I came across the following error:

Error loading class: org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError (taken from MS VM console)

No surprise at all, known incompatibility issues between sun and ms
vm. Some google search lead me to the conclusion that I have to
compile slf4j using jdk 1.1.

Is that correct? Can avoid that task? What's your experience on such issues?

Thank you in advance, kostas