[slf4j-user] log4j l7d equivalent

Salman Khattak khattaksd at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 19:13:27 CEST 2006

I am thinking of using slf4j and one important method that seem to be missing
is the l7dLog. I have a requirement to change the level of the message at
run time and or deploy time. The route I took was to have a resource bundle
with an entry for a level and use that to log the message. So I could
essentially do this:

log.l7dlog(myLoggingHelper.level("CSRV0002.LEVEL"), "CSRV0002",	param,
null);

Where myLoggingHelper.level("CSRV0002.LEVEL") would get the currently
configured 'level' for the CSRV0002 message and viola!

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there an equivalent way to do this
with slf4j directly?