[slf4j-user] SLF4J Implementation Circular Dependency

Todd Orr torr0101 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 22:47:46 CEST 2008

My logging implementation uses Spring for declariative configuration.
I've been trying to implement an slf4j adapter that delegates to my
implementation. However, since Spring uses JCL (I think) and projects
that already use jcl-over-sl4jf will load the SLF4J implementation I
get in an chicken/egg situation. I can't load my implementation since
Spring logs during its own initialization. This logging calls jcl,
which delegates to the slf4j implementation which makes everything
really messy.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might circumvent this?

Thanks,