[slf4j-user] Slightly OT: configuring Hibernate logging level and SLF4J using JDK 1.4 logger

Robert Elliot rob at lidalia.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 17:25:45 CET 2010

> I don't necessarily want to dump *all* incoming INFO level messages,
> just the ones that Hibernate produces. This appears to be impossible
> now.

It's not remotely impossible - you just need to work out how to configure java.util.logging to give the logger called org.hibernate a level of WARN or similar.  If you were using log4j or logback as your slf4j implementation I could post the config for you now, but as you have chosen java.util.logging I don't know it well enough to tell you the precise syntax of the properties file.  However, the links I posted earlier should provide you with all you need.