[slf4j-user] Maven logging binding for SLF4J?

Erik Boye Erik.Boye at statnett.no
Wed Apr 6 08:32:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am implementing a Maven plugin based on code that uses the SLF4J API for logging. A Maven plugin should forward all its log statements to the Maven log system, so I have been trying to find a Maven logging binding for SLF4J. I cannot imagine I am the only one with this requirement, but so far no luck...

About logging from Maven plugins:
http://sonatype.com/books/maven-book/reference/writing-plugins-sect-logging.html

Does anyone have any idea on how to achieve what I want? I have temporary implemented an SLF4J binding for Maven logging. It is working, but I am not satisfied with the log binding initialization, which is currently based on nasty static fields and methods. Please let me know if anyone is interested in having a look at the code, and I will send it privately.

If a SLF4J binding for Maven logging is the only way to achieve this, I would like to find a "home" for the code.  Could this "home" be the SLF4J community, or is this to specific to be part of the SLF4J family of log implementations?

Best regards,
Erik

Statnett SF, Tel. head office +47 23 90 30 00, Enterprise No. NO 962 986 633 VAT, www.statnett.no, firmapost at statnett.no

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and then delete the e-mail.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete. If verification is required please request a hard copy version. This e-mail message has been virus checked by the antivirus programs used by Statnett SF.