[slf4j-user] Maven logging binding for SLF4J?

Erik Boye Erik.Boye at statnett.no
Wed Apr 6 10:11:47 CEST 2011

Hi Ceki,

Thanks for your quick reply.

It seems like Yegors code has been moved, but I managed to find what seems to be the new location:
http://trac.fazend.com/rempl/browser/rempl/trunk/rempl/rempl-plugins/rempl-maven-plugin/

I had quick a look at the code, and it seems like Yegor is using more or less the same approach as me to initialize the logging binding. Apart from the initialization, the code is fairly trivial anyway. The initialization might be possible to improve (it currently requires explicit programmatic initialization from the mojo), but I do not see clearly how. Maybe Ceki, from your experience with logging frameworks, have any ideas?

I am happy to hear that you think SLF4J could be a good home for this code. To get the ball running I would suggest the following:
- Name the project slf4j-maven, slf4j-mojo or slf4j-maven-logging.
- The initial project structure and code could be based on Yegors codebase - as I think it is a better starting point, compared to my code.

Please forward any updates on this to me (or the SLF4J users list).

Best regards,
Erik