[slf4j-user] Apache style log fromats

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Thu Nov 3 18:37:34 CET 2011

Hi Chad,

There was a lengthy discussion about this subject a while back. You
can already pass a map in a log call. For example,

   logger.debug("{}", map);

the above is not pretty and somewhat lame but it will work.

There was a lengthy discussion about this issue a while back with
Joern Huxhorn and Ralph Goers. Search for "SLF4J Message interface".
Joern Huxhorn came up with the idea of the Message interface [1] which
allows for a cleaner API. I think the Message interface will be added
into SLF4J some time in the future.
http://twitter.com/#!/ceki

[1]
https://github.com/huxi/slf4j/tree/slf4j-redesign/slf4j-n-api/src/main/java/org/slf4j/n