[slf4j-user] How to render slf4j useless/gone ?

Christian Schneider chris at die-schneider.net
Thu Apr 12 11:23:58 CEST 2012

I think you just may need to configure slf4j correctly. By default it
does simply not log.

If you use maven then you need the following dependencies to use log4j
as a backend for slf4j:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
<artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
<version>1.6.1</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>log4j</groupId>
<artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
<version>1.2.16</version>
</dependency>

Christian

Am 12.04.2012 11:11, schrieb tommmmmm:
> I am using Selenium and HttpClient 4.x (from Apache).
>
> At some point in time I decided to start using log4j to log
> HttpClient's debug output. However I got no output at all. After a
> total of 28hours of pure work and 70+ messages at 4 different places
> (mailing groups and forums) and around 20 different (yet not working)
> ideas on how to set up log4j it came down to this:
>
> When I remove selenium-standalone-2.20-0.jar from the classpath the
> logging features for HttpClient suddenly start to work. Furthermore -
> they work off the bat, without any additional tweaking.
>
> After digging deeper it was revealed that
> selenium-standalone-2.20.0.jar is using slf4j
> and slf4j is rendering both log4j and commons-logging useless.
>
> Since selenium is distributed as a single jar + their mailing list is
> silent about the case I thought I would ask here:
>
> How can I render slf4j useless/gone so I can keep using both
> HttpClient and Selenium?

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect