[slf4j-user] Why is Logger not serializable

florian.huonder at itartis.ch florian.huonder at itartis.ch
Wed Feb 1 15:32:06 CET 2012

Hi all,

In the FAQ of SLF4J it says "As of SLF4J version 1.5.3, logger instances
survive serialization". For me this means that all SLF4J loggers are
serializable. But only the Logger implementations are Serializable "not
the interface".
Due to this my code analysis criticizes "Non-transient non-serializable
instance field in serializable class" for the logger.
So my question is why does the logger interface not extend Serializable?
>From the FAQ i understand that it is part of the contract of a Logger
implementation that it is serializable.

Best regards,
Florian