[slf4j-user] Logger in subclass in NULL

Toolforger toolforger at durchholz.org
Fri Jun 7 08:54:16 CEST 2013

Am 07.06.2013 08:14, schrieb Ulrich:
> I started using the
> Logger as a static class but I like naming it dynamically (this.getClass()) -
> it's a lot easier to maintain it. I sometimes move the classes from one package
> to another or rename a package and I would need to change the name every time
> then.

For this very purpose, I built a static ClassTools.getClass() function
that finds the caller's class name.

Various methods to do so are discussed on
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/421280/in-java-how-do-i-find-the-caller-of-a-method-using-stacktrace-or-reflection
Forget the benchmark numbers though. He's calling functions in tight
loops, which tends to get inlined - which is not going to happen on
one-off class initialization code.