[slf4j-user] how to print more than "processing" with javaagent invocation?

Joe Corneli holtzermann17 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 15:21:01 CEST 2015

Following directions from the end of
http://www.slf4j.org/extensions.html

I am calling Java like this:

java -javaagent:/home/joe/flow/FlowData/jars/slf4j-1.7.12/slf4j-ext-1.7.12.jar=time,verbose,level=trace
-Xmx6g -cp .:./ccg/flow/*:./FlowData/jars/*:./FlowData/jars/slf4j-1.7.12/*
ccg/flow/FlowRunner ./FlowData/data/profiles/profile.xml

javassist.jar is also present in the
/home/joe/flow/FlowData/jars/slf4j-1.7.12/
directory.

When I run the command above, this is what I see printing out:

Start at Thu May 07 13:59:25 BST 2015
Creating LogTransformer
[...]
Skipping sun/util/resources/en/CurrencyNames_en_GB as it doesn't have a domain or a class loader.
Skipping java/text/ParsePosition as it doesn't have a domain or a class loader.
Skipping java/text/CalendarBuilder as it doesn't have a domain or a class loader.
Processing ccg/flow/processnodes/dependencies/utilities/dates/DateHandler
Processing ccg/flow/processnodes/dependencies/utilities/nlp/guardian/GuardianRetriever
Processing ccg/flow/processnodes/dependencies/utilities/xml/XMLInput
[...]

So, local Java (or rather .class) code is being processed, and that
seems like a good sign, but I don't see the kind of detailed debugging
information that would tell me how methods and arguments are being
called.

Could you advise me on what I need to do to get detailed logging turned
on, for all of the classes that are processed?

Thank you!
Joe