[slf4j-user] Specify method name

Jeff Jensen jjensen at apache.org
Tue Feb 14 23:45:49 CET 2017

I've done this regularly with Spring Aspects/AspectJ.  Configure aspects
outside of code (e.g. which packages, classes, methods, includes using
wildcards, to apply the aspect to), so a trace logging aspect allows
externally configuring the trace logging, eliminating manually adding log
statements to source files.

The parameter to the aspect (interceptor) class is of type
org.aspectj.lang.JoinPoint.  Obtain the method name with
getSignature().getName().

This is not what you asked for (with XLogger), but it is the most minimal
impact and most powerful approach I know of.  You may find use for
additional aspects too.