[slf4j-user] Disabling QuickFIX/J logging

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon May 4 21:39:47 CEST 2020

Am 04.05.20 um 16:25 schrieb Túlio Guimarães:
> Hi guys,
>
> So I've been looking for a way to disable quickfix/j logging but I could
> not find anything helpful so far (my fault).

SLF4J is just a common API for applications that want to write log messages.

If everything is done according to best practices, you'll have:

1) A logging backend (Logback, Commons Logging, java.util.logging,
whatever).
2) SLF4J.
3) The quickfix/j library.
4) Your application, possibly inside a web container (e.g. Tomcat).

Level 4 configures what backend is in use at level 1, and at what detail
level everything is being logged.

Since you're asking on the SLF4J mailing list and talk about quickfix/j,
I am assuming that quickfix/j is indeed doing just SLF4J calls, and the
real backend is configured at level 4.
So you'll have to look at the logging configuration in level 4 to
determin what backend is in use, then look at the backend docs to find
out how it is being configured, then look into the configuration in
level 4 which gets interpreted by level 1.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jo