[slf4j-user] Disabling QuickFIX/J logging

Túlio Guimarães fx.tulio at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:35:16 CEST 2020

Hi Matt and Joachim, thank you for the feedback.

I am looking for any configuration file that allows me to disable the
logging hehehe but I could not find any.

My application is not running inside any container, it's just a bunch of
jar files and a call to java on command line, then the app starts to listen
to online quotes and the messages are flushed to a log file (that I wanna
remove).

Thank you for the information, I'll search a little more and repost if
necessary.

Regards.

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 8:05 PM Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote:

> Am 04.05.20 um 16:25 schrieb Túlio Guimarães:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > So I've been looking for a way to disable quickfix/j logging but I could
> > not find anything helpful so far (my fault).
>
> SLF4J is just a common API for applications that want to write log
> messages.
>
> If everything is done according to best practices, you'll have:
>
> 1) A logging backend (Logback, Commons Logging, java.util.logging,
> whatever).
> 2) SLF4J.
> 3) The quickfix/j library.
> 4) Your application, possibly inside a web container (e.g. Tomcat).
>
> Level 4 configures what backend is in use at level 1, and at what detail
> level everything is being logged.
>
> Since you're asking on the SLF4J mailing list and talk about quickfix/j,
> I am assuming that quickfix/j is indeed doing just SLF4J calls, and the
> real backend is configured at level 4.
> So you'll have to look at the logging configuration in level 4 to
> determin what backend is in use, then look at the backend docs to find
> out how it is being configured, then look into the configuration in
> level 4 which gets interpreted by level 1.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Jo

Abração!