[cai18n-dev] Type safe message definition

Takeshi Kondo takeshi.kondo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:51:15 CEST 2009

I agree.
If there is IDE plugins, I'll fulfill my requirement by it.
But I don't want to develop IDE plugins, because IDE plugin's
maintenance is trouble-filled.
If it must need IDE's plugins, I want to make it come true, IMO.

Why don't we develop simple pattern of enum + annotation as message
definition?

for instance,

public enum Colors{
   @Value("green")
   GREEN,

   @Value("red")
   RED,

    @Value("blue")
    BLUE
}

This syntax is simple.
@Value annotation is used as default message when there is no property
file. We can't define localized message by it.